Monday, August 11, 2014

He Carries Me

Hello Hello Family!!

How are we all?? I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer! Do me a favor and spend a few extra minutes in the air conditioning...i miss that stuff like crazy!! I would kill to live one day in a house with air conditioning right now! Its been a scorcher this week! They keep saying it is going to rain, and the clouds come along with the humidity, but the rain never comes. So its been really humid and hot week. I´ve sweat A LOT...I am a Pasley after all :)

This week hasn´t been filled with anything earth shattering, but we´ve always been filled with little miracles each and everyday that help us keep going, even when we feel completely drained, physically or spiritually. It seems in the days when we are wanting to give up, we find a promising new contact or someone offers us water...ha that always lifts my spirits! But as we´ve walked the fiery roads of Zapata, we´ve come to know our Savior in greater depth and we are learning how very important it is to rely fully on him in this work. He is the one who carries my heavy back pack filled with unplaced Books of Mormon, he´s the one who helps me ignore the sweat dripping down my face, and he seems to place one foot in front of the other as we climb the many hills of Zapata. And as we reach the summit of the final hill, we are tired, but we find success. Not always the success we had hoped for, but we find success in something small, but beautiful. As I was studying the Book of Mormon I came across this scripture in Alma 26:

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

This has been my scripture for the week. We have a hope for the work here in Zapata and we know that Christ will give us success. He won´t let his work fail. If we do all we can, he will lead us to the prepared souls of Zapata. This gospel isn´t always easy, but its worth it and I am finding more joy in this work as I am coming to know my Savior in greater depth. I know I am nothing as a missionary without the strength of Christ. I know my Savior lives and I know he will lift whatever load you are carrying if you let him. I am truly starting to understand the purpose of the Atonement and how essential it is in this life. Nothing is impossible with Christ! I hope each and everyone one of you this week can rely on Christ just a little bit more, and can see how much better you feel. Christ lives!!

I hope you all have an amazing week and hope you stay cool!! Give everyone a big hug. I hope you all know how much I love you and how much I appreciate your prayers and support. Stay strong and keep the faith!! xoxo

cuĂ­dense mucho,
Hermana Pasley


Photo: One of our investigators that is 9 has ADHD I´m pretty sure and its hard to keep her interested. So one day I asked her to draw how she thinks God looks. Another little miracle. Kids are the sweetest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment