Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lights, Camera...Action!

Dearest Family,

How are ya all?? I sure do miss you guys so much!! But first and foremost I have to say...ESTOS SON LAS MAÑANITAS QUE CANTABA EL REY DAVID, HOY POR SER SU CUMPLIAÑOS DE LAS CANTAMOS A TI. ¡DESPIERTA MAMÁ DESPIERTA MAMÁ! FELICIDADES MOM, TE AMO MUCHO!! I hope you have a great birthday and you get a day to actually rest from everything you do! Thank you so much for being the best Mom in the whole wide world and the best example I have in my life of what a woman in the gospel should be like! You´re perfect and I can´t even begin to tell you how much I love you :) ¡Disfruta su dia!

Well there's not a lot going on in the front lines of Villahermosa. Its finally started to cool down at night and at about 3 I wake up and have to actually pull the sheet over me...geez lets hope I don´t freeze down here! The work is moving along slowly but surely. It´s kind of frustrating at times and easy to get down on yourself when you don´t see results. I have felt the power of self doubt play its role on me this week. Making me question my abilities as a missionary and teacher. Wondering why can´t I just be good enough to make these people feel. But this week I have also felt the power of the Atonement play a role in the last week. There were times where it would have been easier to just stop and give up on these people, but then I felt almost as if my head was being lifted for me. Making me see the difference we were having on these people.

As I was thinking about the Atonement, I realized at this moment in the mission I´m the "shining star" that everyone can see. I seem to be in the spot light at all times. But what people don´t see is that I´m comletely reliant on my co-stars, the light crew and techies, the makeup and hair crew, and all of my sponsors. Christ seems to really be the one that is singing behind the curtain, the director who maps out my every move. He´s the one I rely upon and he puts all of my crew members around me to lift me up, to make me a better missionary, make me shine. I have scenes that are better than others, but by the end of the play, I seem to finally hear the applause. I finally hear the shouts of praise. He makes me the star. I owe him everything, everything. My heart, my might, my mind and strength. I know if I do that, I can become a star, not for the glory of men, but for my Heavenly Father who got me this job. I am coming to rely upon my Savior more than I ever have before and he is lifting me higher than ever as well. I know that if we give our life to our savior we will get it back, but in tenfold! I know my Savior lives!

I love you all so much! Mom, seriously on Saturday, please sit down and let them take care of you for once! I love you more than I can write! Stay strong and keep the faith!


Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment