Saturday, December 21, 2013

We Are They

We received our first letter from Emma at the MTC! She seems to be doing very well. She sent along a letter and 2 pictures of the obligatory pointing at your mission on the MTC map. Here is her letter:


Mi Familia!!!

Como estas? Oh my heck I don't even know where to begin! I LOVE the MTC!!! There is such a special spirit here that is unlike anything I've ever felt. It is so strong constantly which is so amazing because it is hard...really hard!! But I can feel God's love every time I get frustrated with the language or get down on myself.


So I am not on the main campus at the MTC. We are on the west campus, which is awesome because everyone that lives here is going spanish speaking, so everywhere you go, everyone is saying hola, or como estas, its so amazing! My companion's name is Hermana Thomas and she is an awesome companion!! She's very positive and a little crazy, but in a good way :) We have a really good time together. My district is an all girl's district (the 2nd all girls district ever) and we are all going to Mexico. I'm the only one in my district who is going to Villahermosa, but I've met 2 girls who are going there. But I love my district too, they are all fun and very positive. My zone is so fun too!! The Elders always make everything...an adventure and keep it light which helps with the stress!


I have so many things I want to tell you that has happened in just these 3 days, but there's just too much! First, me and Hermana Thomas taught our first lesson yesterday...in all SPANISH!! Oh my word, it was so hard and not very good, but the spirit was there and I felt good once we left the "investigator's" house. We have another lesson tonight, so pray for me and Hermana Thomas that we can teach by the spirit and convert Benny!! But the most amazing thing that has happened here happened last night. Our teacher went out of town for Christmas, so last night we had no teacher. Come to find out, 3 of the districts in our zone didn't have a teacher so we all met together and Hermano Wolfe(our substitute teacher, who is seriously one of the most amazing men and teachers I 've ever met) taught us about Christ. Before he even started teaching, he explained to us that this was probably how it felt for the early saints to gather in a small room and talk about the gospel. The second he said that the spirit came in muy fuente!! I seriously wish I could have recorded that lecture and sent it to you, but I didn't so I'll share my favorite parts.


We mainly discussed the pure love of Christ. The all mighty, the king of kings, is the mighty servant. Everything he did, he did for us. Becoming like Christ is one of our greatest gifts we can give him and the best way to honor him and it has everything to do with faith. How we choose to act when adversity, like my mission, comes is what builds our faith. When we come to him in sincere prayer he will testify to us of his truths and will turn our belief into faith. Christ had the power when he was in Gethsemane, to stop his horrible pain, but he didn't because he loves us so much. He kept his promise to us, which stemmed the belief we are born with. He has felt every temptation we have felt, he knows what we are going through. You feel the pain of temptation the most when you resist it, he resisted EVERY temptation, think of the pain he knows because of our weaknesses. My favorite example Hermano Wolfe shared, of Christ's redeeming love, is when Judas brought the soldiers to Gethsemane and betrayed Christ. As the soldiers came to arrest Christ, Peter cut one of the soldiers ears off and Jesus healed the soldier. Even though they were arresting him and sending him to his death, he couldn't bear the sight of one of his brothers being in pain. When he was upon the blood and water came out of his side, which medically defines a "broken heart". Right before he died on the cross he plead with the Father, "Forgive them for they know not what they do." We are they. I had always believed that he was talking about the Jews, but he was talking about us. We are they. He did all of this for us, because he has the most pure form of love for us. After all the pain I have put him through, he still asked Heavenly Father to forgive me. My heart is so full of love for my Savior. My mission is just the beginning of my true mission in life. All my hardships, homesickness, and rejection are to build my faith in my Savior, who truly, I could not be here on my mission without. I love my savior with my whole heart and I owe him everything. I am giving up everything, so that I may see a glimpse of the love he feels for me.


That lesson brought me to tears. Oh how I love my Savior!! I challenge each and everyone of you to kneel down and pray to your Heavenly Father and ask to feel of his love, so that your belief can turn to faith.


Yo se que Dios es muy amoros y mi Padres Celestial. Yo se que Jesucristo es my Salvador. yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.


Con amor,

Hermana Pasley


No comments:

Post a Comment