Wednesday, December 25, 2013

We Still Seek Him

As we celebrate Christmas this year, we celebrate the birth of our Savior. Because of the numbers of missionaries in the MTC they don't get to phone home on Christmas. However, they did get to email. We got this little surprise email Christmas morning. A great present.


Feliz Navidad!!

I'm sorry that I didn't know that we get to email on Christmas. I got the notice seriously like an hour after I emailed you! I only have a few minutes to email but I want to let you guys know how much I love you guys and wish that I could celebrate Christ with you guys. But know that I am not sad. I am happy to give up a couple of Christmases to be able to serve God and teach others of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So everyone needs to email me back and tell me what they got from Santa :)


Yesterday we had a devotional from David F. Evans from the Seventy and he encouraged us to be able to bring the spirit into the homes of whoever we are writing to, so I pray that you can feel of the spirit I feel here.


It doesn't feel too much like Christmas right now, not because I don't feel that "Christ"mas spirit, but because it is seriously Christmas EVERYDAY here!! Everyday my testimony and faith in Christ grows and I am so thankful that I am here.


I want to share an experience I had yesterday. We had to teach another lesson to Benny on Monday night and then we were teaching him yesterday afternoon. So yesterday morning we were suppose to have our study time, but our substitute teacher lectured us instead, which was great, but it was hard to stay positive because I have no idea how to teach a lesson in Spanish, so I need all of the study time I can get. So it came to lunch time and me and my whole "Sistrict" were pretty frustrated and on the verge of tears. When we came back to the classroom we had another teacher there and she shared a video with us which was about a Spanish ward that prunes the church's vineyard early every Christmas morning, and when one of the workers asked a ward member why he does this, he said, because I love the Christ Child. Okay, seriously the most humbling experience ever. Why am I here? I am here to serve the Lord and share the gospel with everyone I meet. I need to forget that I don't know Spanish, forget that I had no time to study and learn to work hard and rely on the spirit to guide me. As me and Hermana Thomas headed into the lesson we were filled with the spirit and were able to teach a lesson. Even though it was in very broken Spanish, Benny was able to understand and you could you feel the spirit during the whole lesson. How grateful I am for the spirit which is with me always in this amazing place.


My last thought, just like the wisemen sought out Christ, we must too seek him out. Not just during this holiday season, but always. What will you do for the Christ child this year? What kind of gifts will you bring him once you seek out the child? Then think, why am I seeking out the Christ child?


I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!! :)


Con amor,
Hermana Pasley

P.S. My P-day is now definitely on Saturday, so be expecting emails sometime on Saturdays while I'm in the MTC. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment