Thursday, January 9, 2014

Go To Heaven!

We got a pleasant surprise this week as Emma's P-Day changed from Saturday to Wednesday. She is still doing great.

Hola!!


Surprise...my P-day is on Wednesday now!! :) How are you all doing? It is snowing like crazy today...let's just say I can't wait to get to warm Mexico! But I'm halfway done with the MTC...how crazy is that??It hasn't been too long since I've emailed you, but there is always something amazing that I can tell you about!


The more in tune I become with the spirit, the easier it's becoming to recognize it. And as I listen to it, everything seems to run together and fit perfectly into the lessons we have for the week. As I prayerfully study, the topics I choose seem to run accordingly to the lessons which are taught. This week we have had a running theme of following the spirit and vision.


I first want to talk about vision. What is vision? What I've come to know is that vision is seeing the bigger picture. Much like in soccer, if you don't have a vision of the field, how do you know where you're going and what you need to accomplish. When I would play center mid or any position for that matter, if I didn't take the time to become aware of my surroundings and see the bigger picture, I would lose the ball or I could have always made a much better pass which could have potentially lead to a goal. It's the same in life and on my mission. If you don't see the bigger picture, how do you know where you're going? What are you striving to become, what kind of goal scoring opportunities are you giving up? We were told that if we don't have vision, we lose potential. I 100% agree with that! How can we become what we have the potential to become if we don't even know what our potential is? How can we score, if we have no idea where the goal is? So to see the bigger picture of what and who we could become, we answered some questions pertaining to what kind of missionary we want to be when we come home. After realizing what kind of missionary I want to be, I realized I had A LOT of work to do. But I know that through Christ I can become the best missionary that I know that I can be! What is the big picture...Christ! Absolutely 100% Christ. My mission purpose is to bring others unto Christ, and as a missionary I have the responsibility to make others see the big picture also. Now that I've caught the vision, I need to share the vision. So I encourage everyone to sit down and think of your goals in life and what you need to do to score, to catch the vision!


An awesome experience I want to share. I've been studying how to recognize the spirit quite a lot this week and I have an awesome experience to go along with that. One of our teachers Hermana Hunter had us watch a clip from The District. He said as you ask your investigators questions, you need to "go to heaven". What that means is don't ask the questions you want to ask, ask what God wants you to ask them. Even if you have to sit there for a few minutes, wait to ask the inspired question. As I sat in front of Hermana Thomas (who was being an investigator) I prayed that I could somehow have an inspired question pop into my head. I was a little skeptical at first...but IT WORKED!! As I sat there for what felt like forever a question slowly leaked into my head and as I asked it the spirit was so strong! Hermana Thomas sat and looked at me for a minute, then told me that she could feel that that was an inspired question, and that spirit would strengthen anyones testimony. How awesome and inspired is missionary work? Anytime you are struggling with anything, go to heaven. Who knows what you or others need more than God? Go to Heaven!!!


This week has also been so sad, we had to say goodbye to 2 of our favorite teachers! Hermano Urquehart and Hermanlo Wolfe. It was so hard to say goodbye after everything they have done for us, but we can't keep them forever. We were so lucky to get Hermano Wolfe for his last lesson and after the lesson our whole zone came together and sang Nearer my God to Thee. The spirit was so strong and we were all holding back tears, but those are moments that you never want to forget. In that moment I could feel the love of God so strong and I didn't want that moment to end. But as I trek on, I realize I get moments like that almost every single day. I am so lucky to be where I am and to meet that people that have touched my heart so much! I know this church is true, I know that God lives and the Jesus Christ lives. I know that without Christ I could not be here doing the things I'm doing. I love my Savior with all of my heart! And I love all you so much too:) Have a great week!! xoxo


Con amor,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment