Thursday, January 23, 2014

Of long Trips and Those That are Sick

Hi Family!!


So it's been another crazy week!! Everyone in our district is getting sick! But don't you even worry, I'm still going strong, I'm the only one who hasn't gotten sick yet (knock on wood)! Keep praying that I can stay healthy :)


So Thursday I left to Vegas at 4:00 in the morning and arrived in Vegas about 9:30. We were greeted by a really grouchy old man...and I mean that in a christlike way of course! And he yelled at all 10 of us to hurry to the van and that when we stopped at Del Taco for lunch we had only 10 minutes to buy what we needed until dinner! Just what everyone needs to make them feel great and nourished for the whole day :) So we stop at some sketchy Del Taco for exactly 10 minutes, then hurry to the UNLV institute building. I'm still trying to figure out why we were in such a hurry, because we were then lucky enough to be lectured about Mexico and their food for literally THREE hours. We sat in the conference room for THREE hours about Mexican food. It was good information, but wasn't really necessary to my salvation. So after those quick three hours we finally went to the consulate and it literally took a total of 20 minutes for all ten of us to get our finger prints scanned and pictures taken. But good news I should have a temporary visa this week and then hopefully that will give my real visa enough time to come through. Then the nice cheery old man dropped us off at the airport and we waited for another 4 hours or so and got home close to 11 that night. Yes the trip was long, and at times seemed pointless, but I would do it again so that I can have the chance to bring the gospel to the people of Mexico! I would sit through a 10 hour lecture on the food of Mexico if that's what it took to go meet the loving people of Mexico! As I was waiting to go home, I struck up a conversation with a man sitting next to me. His name was Sal and he was from Australia. He was such a nice man and couldn't believe that a "pretty sheila" like me would leave for 18 months to teach about Christ and actually pay for it. We talked a lot about the gospel and though he made it clear he was VERY Roman Catholic, I hope he could feel of the spirit that was there as I shared my reasons for going on a mission and maybe one day the missionaries in Australia can help soften his heart! So I truly am thankful for that trip, for the people I met and for the opportunity I have to go on this mission to Mexico!


So with that said, I come back and find our Hermana Doing has been in the hospital all day...I leave and everything just falls apart!! Apparently her gallbladder isn't functioning properly so she is having really bad stomach pains. So she went in for a test today and we're praying that she won't have to get it removed. If she does, it apparently is a quick recovery so she won't have to go home. But we're praying that she will be able to come back to complete help! Then last night Hermana Jensen started throwing up and Hermana Houmand felt like she was going to throw up, so our district is...struggling, but we still are trying to stay positive and not spread our germs! So say a prayer that our district can be healthy again!!


I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time to email this week cause I have to go take my shift to watch Hermana Jensen so other Hermanas can come email. But we were so lucky to have Rosemary Wixom come talk to us for Relief Society and Sherri Dew came and talked to us for devotional. They were so so awesome! I want all of you to just watch one talk that Sherri Dew based her talk on. If it does't make you want to become better...I don't know what will!! I love my Savior so much! I know that he loves you all so much and if you but ask, he will be there to help you to become what he knows you can be!! Love you all...seriously watch this talk, it will change your life!! xoxo


www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/the-first-great-commandment?lang=eng


Con amor,
Hermana Pasley


I won our bubble blowing contest....word!

No comments:

Post a Comment