Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What is Love?

Family!!

Long time, no chat!! Transfers were long and we didn´t get time to email this last week. But everything is SO great in Zapata :) I´m in LOVE with my new area. It is beautiful and the ward is great!! My companion is Hermana Rodriguez. She is from Hildago and only has 3 months left in the mission. She´s very quiet but very humble and she has a great love for the work. I´m excited to work with her! We get along really well and enjoy working with each other! She´s such a sweetheart!!! Zapata is REALLY hot and REALLY humid. We don´t get the breezes we got in Carmen, so I´m sweating like crazy, but everything is so beautiful to look at, that I don´t really care if I´m sweating!! All the buildings are old, but kept up pretty well and are so beautiful to look at! Because of the humidity everything has moss all over it, but it makes it so much more beautiful and green!! The town in built on hills, so we walk up and down a gazillion hills everyday, so I´m going to be in good shape by the time I leave this place! Whoo!! The ward is great and they all are very involved in the work! We only have about 75 active members, but about 300 members in town. So we work a lot with less and non actives. I´m so excited to get involved with this ward here!! I get along really well with everyone here...MY LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!

So...Happy Father´s Day Dad and Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!! I wish I could be there to celebrate, but know I thought of you guys often this last week! As I was studying in the Bible I came across this scripture and something clicked in my head as to why I have such a great family. The scripture is in 1 John 4:

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

As I read this, I became so grateful for my Heavenly Father and my earthly father. I both relate them with love. I have come to love God, because my Father and Mother have raised me with love, but a true love, the love of God. My family is one of my greatest blessings I have. I have realized this more and more throughout my mission. This is why I miss my family so much! It´s a blessing that I miss my family. I have been raised in a home, where the priesthood was always present, in a home with a loving Mom who taught me who I was, I´m a daughter of God. Thank you so much Dad and Mom, for everything you have sacrificed to make my life so great. Thank you for the unconditional love I have felt and for helping me come to love my Heavenly Father. I pray every day that I may be able to share this love with the people around me. God is love, and I´m so glad to feel that love. Dad, thank you for your example each and everyday. Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder. Thank you loving me, no matter what I did, whether it was a goal or a missed goal scoring opportunity, by the end I always felt your love! Thank you Mom and Dad for showing me what a happy eternal marriage looks like! I love you guys and am so thankful that I miss you like crazy! Stay strong and keep the faith!! Love you so much!!

Hermana Pasley

P.S. Sorry, but the computers here are ancient and I can´t send photos. We´ll try to find a better place next week!! I got all my birthday packages and cards! Thank you so much family!! I felt so loved :) Thanks family, Pasley cousins, and Aunt Sonja for the packages! Thanks Grandma Joan, Grandpa John, Grandma Pat and Mildenhall family for the letters! I love you all so much. Our writing time has been cut down to 1 hour, so if I can´t respond I´m sorry! Know I still love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment