Thursday, June 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Me!

¡Hola Familia!

Buenas tardes, ¿comò han estado? Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, I felt so loved :) To be honest, my birthday didn`t feel too much like my birthday...we just worked as usual (but that`s what I`m here to do right??) We went to teach the Madrazo Family, a less active family whose 9 year old daughter is preparing to get baptized. We taught a quick lesson on tithing, then stood up ready to leave and...their birthday song "Las Mañanitas" (if you want to look it up...it`s awesome!) and the dad comes out of the kitchen with a cute little cake just for me!! I felt so loved and it was such a surprise!! We then went to Hermana Iris house and we ate pizza and Diana (our recent convert) surprised me with more cake. But it was cake from DQ, so I felt right at home:) That ended the night off well and I left feeling happy and loved! Thank you for the money I received, i bought some fabric because a lady in our ward offered to make me a dress for free if I bought the fabric, so I`m excited to see how it turns out. With the left over money...I`m looking for a bien padre jersey for the World Cup. I`m so sad I can`t get into the world cup here, because everyone is decorating everything here...I`m stoked and I don`t even know what`s going on!! I`m telling everyone I`m rooting for Mexico this year, but the US will always have my heart!! GO USA!!!!!

The weather is finally starting to cool down, but humidity is getting worse. I think I`m sweating worse than in the heat. But it`s not like a normal sweat, it`s literally like water dripping down your face. I feel like I just stepped out of the shower...so we`ll see how much I like rainy season! This is our last week before transfers, so I`m trying to enjoy Carmen, because I`m thinking this will be my last transfer in Carmen, but you never know!! We`ll just have to see :)

As for the progress of our investigators...we have none. Ha we`ve hit a dry phase and aren`t having too much luck with people progressing. But I want to bear my testimony about fasting. Fasting really does work!! This last fast Sunday, we fasted to find new people to teach. Saturday night as we planned for the next day, we had the idea to just go down the list of people in our phone and call EVERYONE!! Half of them had been disconnected or didn`t answer. But one of the old investigators from the Elders before us (Hugo) answered, thanked us for the invitation, then hung up. We were pretty sure going to church yesterday, that we were going to have another Sunday without investigators. But Hugo showed up!!!! Woooohoooo!!!!!!!!! It was a fasting miracle!! We also found a lady we contacted on the street who was really interested and has family members who are members. We were so excited to go visit her, but she gave us bad directions to her house, so it was impossible to find her. But we passed her on the street and she greeted us with "oh mi vida" and a great big hug. She told us she`s been waiting for us to stop by her house. We have an appointment with her this week, so pray that her heart is open and she will accept the message we have to share! I know that prayers are answered and if we take the time to think it out, ponder and meditate on the problem, an answer will come. I saw this miracle work right before my eyes!! So I encourage everyone to fast this next fast Sunday, but fast with a purpose. Meditate on it and have the faith that you`ll receive an answer and you will! Just believe!! God never leaves us alone, we always can find something amazing he has put in our path, we just take the time to look through his eyes! It`s times like this in the mission that are hard, but it`s through these times that we become stronger and more dependent on the Lord and his timing.

The mission in great. Life is good. I love it here. I miss you all. I love you all. Stay strong. Keep the faith!

Hermana Pasley


No comments:

Post a Comment