Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Quite a Bit of Opposition, in Quite a Bit of Things

Hi Fam!!

Well, this week has been a week of ups and downs. A week where I´ve learned that there is oppostion in all things. Let me explain myself:

These past few weeks have been vacation time for all the school kids, so of course EVERYONE goes out of town. So we walked and walked and walked and walked (just like the pioneer children) only to find no one home. The sun has been really hot and bien fuerte I tell you what!! So one day I was just walkin´ feelin´all sorry for myself, and I thought to myself, "You know what Hermana Pasley?? You can sit here and complain or you can be a man and go contact someone, that always seems to make you happy." So I walked a little bit, mulling over these wonderful words I had just heard. And you know what I did?? I contacted someone. And do you know what they said? That were meeting with the missionaries before, but things didn´t work out for some reason or another and now would really like to meet with us again!! What?? And do you know what happened next? I couldn´t stop talking to people, and I contacted a million people and got 5 appointments for this week. It was a tender mercy from the Lord that day, and I felt so much happier!! And didn´t even notice that my skin was being fried. But you know what? I didn´t even care when I saw that tomato staring back at me in the mirror because I was so HAPPY!!!! Man, I should listen to myself more often...actually I´m pretty sure it was the spirit. How glad I was that I listened to that voice that led me to these precious souls of our Heavenly Father!

Also, we´re still working with Olga and Marino to get married, and yesterday we heard faint wedding bells in the distance, as the Branch finally started to work with us and helped us get everything in order for their wedding. So we were pumped the whole day and so excited to meet with them last night and tell them the good news!! They can FINALLY be baptized!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO....slap in the face. We arrive at their humble home only to find Marino drinking. My stomach literally sunk and my heart literally broke. He hasn´t drunk in months and how could he have relapsed now, when I had so much good news to tell him?? So I sat down feelin´ all sorry for myself again and thought to myself again, " You know what Hermana Pasley?? You can sit here and feel sorry for yourself, or you can look around you and notice that Olga is struggling with this too!" So I sat there and was amazed when I looked at Olga, but didn´t see Olga. I saw a sad, frustrated Olga instead of a happy, laughing Olga. So I again thanked that smart little voice in my head and sang some of her favorite hymns and then just sat and talked with her. Listening to her every frustration. As I sat and thought of what to share with her, it felt right to just listen. So we listened for an hour, said a prayer with her and prayed with all our might that Marino can fight his alcohol addiction. So we need your prayers everyone, that Marino can get his act together again, so that he may make the best decision of his life and be baptized into the only true and living church. We need your prayers!!!

So as you can see, there was quite a bit of opposition in quite a bit of things. But I haven´t lost hope. And have seen so many blessings each and everyday to remind me that I am not walking the roads of Zapata alone. No matter how hot the sun is, it won´t stop that Lord´s work. Sometimes I just have to take the heat, because I know its worth it. As I was studying I found great comfort in this verse in D&C 6:

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

So I´m going forward doubting not and fearing not and not feeling sorry for myself :) Because I know through opposition, we receive happiness. Its the only way we could know the goodness of God. So I am thankful for these trials! I love you all a lot and am praying for you each and everyday! Stay strong and keep the faith!

Con amor,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment