Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Hello Family!!!

I´m alive and well in Mexico!! After my near death experience, I feel like a new woman...ha that was a little dramatic, but really I feel SO much better!! We´ve been taking it easy this weekend, and couldn´t go out much because it was raining like crazy and I couldn´t get wet, or there was a chance my fever would come back, so we haven´t worked too much, but I feel good and rejuvinated!! No worm, salmonella, or UTI can damper my spirits :) I´ll keep preaching even if I have to throw up a million times more!

This Saturday we had our conference with the President and Hermana Morales. The theme was on the Book of Mormon and how we could help our investigators know for themselves that it is true. He showed us this video first:

https://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#testimony-of-the-book-of-mormon

After just that video could you deny the Book of Mormon is true. But we broke off in groups and practiced teaching the first lesson. I was an investigator and had doubts that the Book of Mormon was true. Hna. Martinez and Hna. Triana taught me and my companion the first lesson, then asked us to kneel with them and we were going to ask God together if the Book of Mormon is true. So we kneeled down and Hna. Martinez offered the first prayer as an example for me. She asked if the Book of Mormon was true then paused for 15 seconds, then I was to follow her example. I then bowed my head and offered a simple prayer, asked if the Book of Mormon was true, then paused. In that pause I was overcome with a feeling that I can´t describe, it was the same feeling I felt the first time I got on my knees and asked if this book was true. Warmth started at the tip of my head and spread the tips of my toes and you just know, you have no doubts.THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE!!!!! I cannot deny the power of this book. In the mission I have found great knowledge, comfort, and revelation in this book. How grateful I am for this book and how I wish i would have read it more before the mission. It gives us great strength through its simple yet powerful words.

I know the Book of Mormon is true, with all of my heart I know it to be true. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I know all of this through the Book of Mormon. My invitation for you all this week (what kind of missionary would I be if I didn´t leave a "compromiso") ha I can´t remember the word in English to compromiso...look it up!! :) But my invitation to you all is to read the Book of Mormon, then get on your knees and ask your Heavenly Father if it is true. If you ask with true intent and faith, I know you will receive an answer and can have a testimony as strong as Joesph and Hyrum.

I love you all family and thank you all so much for your concern and prayers. I have felt the strength of my Savior more this week then ever and I know that part of this is through your prayers. I love you all and consider you all some of my greatest blessings! Love you xoxo

Love you more than I can write,

Hermana Pasley


Me and Hna. Rodriguez by the Steps to Heaven, we´re pretty sure than Nephites walked these steps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment