Saturday, February 1, 2014

20/20

Hi Family and Friends!!


This is the last letter I will be writing from the MTC...how crazy is this?? Time is starting to FLY by!! I'm so excited to finally get to Villahermosa, nervous because I feel like I don't know very much Spanish still, and sad cause I'll be leaving friends. But these are all temporal feelings and I'm so excited to get out in the field and meet the amazing people of Mexico!! So I'm practicing my Spanish like crazy and am praying that I'll be blessed with the gift of tongues! But I am seriously so excited to go start my adventure!!


As I've been thinking of what to write you guys, I just want to share everything with you, but I can't! I wish that every member could go through the MTC, just the MTC. Because this place is amazing and nothing has built my faith so much! But I really want to share with you what I've learned about love this week! As time has been quickly ticking away, I'm starting to realize that my time is limited with these amazing people I have been able to become friends with. And it makes me SO sad, but I know I'll see them again! But why do I feel so attached to these people that I've known from 1-7 weeks? Love. Pure and simple love. But the love I feel for these people is different than any kind of love I have felt before. Don't worry...I'm not saying I'm in love :) I'm saying that I feel a true kind of love for these people. I feel like the quote from Les Mis is coming alive for me: "To love another person is to see the face of God"

What is this kind of love? As I've been studying this week, I have been trying to study love. Pure and conditional love, the kind of love that Christ possesses. And I think I feel this love because I know these people spiritually. I don't just scrape the surface with them. We discuss doctrine, we help each other feel the spirit, and this love that Christ possesses. I don't just intellectually understand these friends, I understand them with my heart. I feel and experience this love as the spirit speaks to me how to love these people. It is a deep kind of friendship with is so special! As I strive everyday to get to know Christ just a little bit more, he gives me just a little bit more of his sight. He helps me see people through "new" eyes. I am able to see past peoples outward appearance or their bad attitudes. In a devotional the other night, we were told that if we try to love others as Christ does, we will only see people by their willingness to change. How awesome is that? Christ sat and spoke with the sinners. He loves EVERYONE and suffered for us one by one and sees us with a perfect love. Don't you wish you could have that kind of vision? A 20/20 vision of love?? As you come to love your Savior and your faith grows in Christ it motivates us to love, and then act upon that love. When we act, we find ourselves becoming truly converted! As you come to feel God's love, you cannot deny that this gospel is exactly what you want and what you need for this life and for eternity! As I learn to love these people of Mexico, I hope the can see the love God has for them through my love for them. I hope that with my love, the Holy Ghost can testify of the truthfulness of the love that God and our Savior has for them.


So I challenge you all to come to know Christ even better than you already do. To pray to see through the eyes of Christ. To work towards having a 20/20 vision of love. Don't judge someone by their appearance, just talk to them and you never know what will come out of that conversation. Love is a GIFT from God that he gifts to everyone. EVERYONE is capable to love and Christ can make up the difference. So pray to receive this love and then you must act upon this gift in order to realize how much this gift can mean to you others. Remember, everywhere you go, there is someone to love! Look for people to love and you will be blessed!


I love you all so much! Thank you so much for your support and for your prayers! I can literally feel the strength from your prayers! I wish you all the best of luck with whatever you may be doing this week! I LOVE YOU!! xoxo


Con amor,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment