Saturday, February 22, 2014

Glory in Tribulation

¡Hola Familia y Amigos!

How are we all? How is America?? Everyday it becomes just a little bit easier to cope with. Yes it´s so darn hot here, yes it´s hard to communicate, yet I can´t think of being anywhere else. Everytime I get discouraged or frustrated, I know I can always turn to a loving Heavenly Father who is never far away from me. So know I am very happy and loving my mission!! I know that through hardships and trials is when we truly find who we are and what we need to do. The mission is doing exactly that! I am finding myself in Christ and it´s the happiest I´ve ever been!

So I have an adventure to share! Me and Hna. Aguirre met this couple (Ana y Yeremi) that sells DELICOUS tamales on the corner by our house and they are GOLDEN!! They are the sweetest most humble people I´ve ever met! Anyways, we offered to help them make their tamales one morning (they start making their tamales at 6 in the morning and finish at around 4 in the afternoon) to help make their work go a little bit faster. As we showed up to their house, it was so sad! Their house was a whole bunch of piled cinder block bricks covered in metal sheeting. There were a million mosquitoes everywhere and like 10 malnourished chickens running loose! But we got right to work, I ground the grain to make the breaded part and kneaded the dough and it was so so so HARD!! I was working up a sweat! So as we´re working we´re sharing bits and pieces of the gospel about families. Ana y Yeremi live with 8 other people in their tiny little house, but family is what they care about most. As we´re talking the grandma comes up and asked if I wanted to try the liver of the chicken, ha good thing I took anatomy...I could spot that liver a mile away! Luckily there was another choice of something that looked much better than a liver. So I said I was would try "that something else"...well that something else was called a chacha...come to find out, I ate the chicken colon pretty much!!!! How gross, it actually was pretty good, but after my companion told me what it really was, my stomach was churning all day long! But needless to say, I´d do it again if thats what it takes to bring Ana y Yeremi to baptism! I love those two so much, I don´t really understand much of what they´re saying, but I can feel it and that´s all I need for now! So word to the wise, you can live this life and be perfectly happy without ever eating a chicken chacha!!

I have been having many advetures and many experiences I know I won´t forget, some good and some bad. But I have had my testimony strengthened as I have prayed to Heavenly Father and received strength! I have found great strength in D&C 127:

1 Forasmuch as the Lord has revealed unto me that my enemies, both in Missouri and this State, were again in the pursuit of me; and inasmuch as they pursue me without a acause, and have not the least shadow or coloring of justice or right on their side in the getting up of their prosecutions against me; and inasmuch as their pretensions are all founded in falsehood of the blackest dye, I have thought it expedient and wisdom in me to leave the place for a short season, for my own safety and the safety of this people. I would say to all those with whom I have business, that I have left my baffairs with agents and clerks who will transact all business in a prompt and proper manner, and will see that all my debts are canceled in due time, by turning out property, or otherwise, as the case may require, or as the circumstances may admit of. When I learn that the storm is fully blown over, then I will return to you again.

2 And as for the aperils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the benvy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was cordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God dknoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.

3 Let all the saints rejoice, therefore, and be exceedingly glad; for Israel’s God is their God, and he will mete out a just recompense of breward upon the heads of all their oppressors.


4 And again, verily thus saith the Lord: Let the work of my atemple, and all the works which I have appointed unto you, be continued on and not cease; and let your bdiligence, and your perseverance, and patience, and your works be redoubled, and you shall in nowise lose your reward, saith the Lord of Hosts. And if they persecute you, so persecuted they the prophets and righteous men that were before you. For all this there is a reward in heaven.

After everything our prophet Joseph Smith went through, he still could glory in tribulation! So that has been my goal this week and I have seen many blessing because of it. The days that I truly try to be happy and positive about myself, are the days I can get the gist of what people are saying and my spanish seems to be just a little bit better. I have felt the spirit prompt me countless times in a lesson when I have no clue what to say, but my mouth is filled with words to say. Little by little, day by day, the spanish is becoming just a little bit easier. The way of life here is becoming little by little, day by day, just a little bit more enjoyable! There are ups and downs, but isn´t that life? We don´t become better by staying in our comfort zone, we must travel out of our comfort zone to find growth and empowerment! So I encourage all of you this week to do something outside of your comfort zone, do something that will make you stretch, go talk to someone about the gospel. *hint* It doesn´t have to be a formal lesson, just share what you feel that person needs to hear! I promise you´ll feel the strength of the Lord on your side! Through your trials, the Savior is with you every step of the way. He´s walked your path, trust him and glory in your tribulation, becausee your reward will be great! I hope we all can find this mentality in everything we do! I love you all and pray for you all everyday! xoxo

Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment