Friday, February 28, 2014

Just Believe

Family!!

Can you believe it is already Monday?? Time is seriously flying by on the mission! And this week has been SO much easier!! Yes, I still can´t really speak Spanish but I know that it will come! I ´m finally starting to adapt to the culture. Their culture is not the cleanest and I like clean, but I think Heavenly Father has blessed me to not be very OCD here, because there is garbage everywhere! But I´m starting to see the beauty on this island!

My week has been much easier, because I have looked deep into my heart and found my faith! I need to believe that all of this will work out! I need to have faith that I will learn Spanish, I need to have faith that my simple testimony and truths I can bear will help these people. So I have prayed long and hard this week to find my faith and put it to action. The morning I sat down and decided to have faith, it became easier, and everyday I decide to have faith, that day seems to be just a little bit easier! Because I have had faith, I am able to open my mouth more and speak with the people and Heavenly Father has blessed me with people who have been patient enough to listen to me. I don´t think those people realize what a blessing they were to me. Our ward is so awesome and show so much love towards me, and I am so thankful for each and every one of them! Through my faith, I have been able to participate more in lessons and actually semi understand what they are saying. Every day it slowly becomes easier to forget myself and work for Heavenly Father´s investigators. I am developing a love for these people that gives me motivation to wake up every morning and get to work. I have learned that if we just put our trust in the Lord, it will all work out! As long as I do everything I can, the Lord will make up the rest. How grateful I am for the Atonement this week, for the hope and belief it gives my heart every day! Without Christ we are truly nothing. I have never felt so humbled until I served a mission. When I try to rely on my own skills, I fail so badly!! But when I rely on the Lord, it all seems to work out. When I say the things that come to my mind in a lesson and not worry about the Spanish, it somehow seems to make sense to whoever we´re teaching and the spirit testifies of what I bore witness to. We have some very promising investigators, and they are my motivation to keep the faith. So I ask all of you to look deep inside your heart and find your faith, find something that is holding you back from coming unto Christ and find the faith to let go. Let go of what you think you need and put your faith in Christ! I leave you with a scripture from D&C 90:24:

Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and call things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.

I pray you all feel Heavenly Father´s love for you everyday and you can all find the faith to believe that it will all work out! I love you all and pray for you everyday!!

Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment