Monday, March 17, 2014

Scripture Power Keeps Me Safe From...Dogs and Burrachos?

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!!! Even though they don't celebrate it here, don´t you even worry, I´m rockin´green today!! And happy 3 month birthday tomorrow to my mission!! Holy cow can you believe it´s been 3 months already?? So I survived my first transfer and...I¨M STAYING IN CARMEN!!! Woooo! No one from my district got transferred out so I´m super excited to work for the next 6 months with some of the best missionaries in the mission!!

So to explain my title...we have been studying SO much this week about the first lesson. We are teaching a few very Catholic families as well as a few "TJ"s (Jehovah´s Witnesses). So we have been trying to study the Bible and the Book of Mormon like crazy. This experience has been one of the best so far on the mission! Instead of raising doubts in my head when they argue with us, it just strengthens my testimony ten times stronger that I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I know it is the Lord's church and I am on his errand! And as I have testified these truths to these investigators instead of argued or shown them proof in the Bible, a certain kind of spirit settled in and we could tell they could feel something! We got them to agree to another lesson, so apparently we said something right!

With that "scripture power" I´m staying safe from sin, you don´t need to be worrying about that one, and dogs and burrachos (drunks). As we were leaving one of the houses, we headed down the road towards another appointment when we came across a lot of really drunk men. Men in numbers is never a good sign especially when they're drunk and especially when I´m an American "goddess" as I´ve been called. As we approached them they started whistling and cat calling, slowly moving in on us and throwing questions this way and that and I had no idea what they were saying. We both at the same exact time had a feeling to turn around and leave. So we high tailed it out of there and I don´t want to know what would have happened...they give me the heebidy jeebidys!! As we were leaving I literally came within inches of getting my leg bit by a dog. Luckily it was on a leash and only got a hold of my skirt. Had I walked 2 inches closer to that dog, it would have gotten a hold of my leg. I have many experiences like this everyday where I know the lord is protecting me. As long as I live worthy and work hard, I´ll be protected from all of the dogs and burrachos in Mexico!

Good news! Lulu is still on track for her baptism this Saturday and we have a few who are so close!! So please please pray for them! I love you all so much and I hope this letter finds you all doing well!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Pasley

P.S. I´m sorry I can´t send any pictures! This internet is too slow, I have so many I want to send, but I literally can´t!!

No comments:

Post a Comment