Monday, April 7, 2014

Let Your Light So Shine!!!

¡Hola Everyone!

How are we all?? I hope all is well in Utah or where ever you may be in the world! Utah looks so beautiful right now from what I could see from Conference, the flowers were beautiful and it looks like it`s not very hot there...cause there are some days here where I feel like I`m living on the sun!! The heat has come in full force and all at once...I don`t think I`ve ever sweated so much in my life!! It was 109 the other day with about 85% humidity...probably my favorite day on the mission so far!! :) So I pray the hot months will go by fast and that I can just ignore it and keep on trucking!! But Conference was so great right?? I don`t think I`ve ever been so excited for Conference or so sad to see it end! Every session was so inspiring and I heard just what I needed to remotivate me for this coming week!! There was a ringing theme of faith. Our faith must be strong enough that we can face whatever challenge we may face! The world is becoming more and more corrupted every day, so we must become stronger everyday! Easier said than done, but we can do it! My testimony of the Savior has grown so much on this mission and it only continues to grow. I know that without him I could not be serving this mission right now or honestly be doing much of anything! We can do anything because we have the Atonement in our lives! We have the light that will help us down the dark path of life, our path is bright and full of hope because of our Savior!! This light fills us with faith and it only becomes brighter as we develop our faith! With this faith we must act, faith is a principle of action. Our faith is nothing without action, so we must act!! Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven!! Have the faith to let your light shine!!! I`m slowly learning on the mission to not be afraid to share the light within me and every time I do, I only feel the spirit stronger! Try it out this week and see what happens!!

We have 2 baptisms on the 19th! They are both awesome! Our first is Jonathan, he is perfect!! He told us in our last lesson with him on Friday that he has received a strong answer that the Book of Mormon is true that he knows everything about this church is true!! He is so determined to follow every commandment of God and is more than willing to follow the example of Christ. We really haven`t had to do much with him, we teach and he always completes his commitments plus some. I`m SO excited for him and to see what he is going to be able to do for this church, he has such great faith!! We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he promised to follow it and he even has gone as far as to quit eating milk products because it makes him really sick and he wants to keep his body healthy because it is so special to Heavenly Father...honestly how many 24 year old men do you know like him?? He`s the best!! And is already talking about serving a mission, oh man we could totally make a District 3 with him!! Our other baptism is for Maria, she is one of the most humble people in this world. She nannies for a member in our ward and its so great because she has support in the home too to help her keep commitments. She is so willing and trusting with what we teach. She has very little education so somethings are hard for her to understand, so it takes some time and patience to teach her, but she`s so sweet you can`t get frustrated with her at all!! So please keep Maria and Jonathan in your prays!!

I wish I had a crazy adventure to tell you this week, but I don`t have anything to crazy to share...it must be the heat!! I hope you are all doing well and that you found a renewed faith after this General Conference! I am so glad that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!! I know that this church is true and that Christ lives. I know the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God. And I love you all so much! Thank you for your letters, packages, and support. I am so blessed to have you all in my lives! Stay strong and keep the faith!!!

Hermana Pasley




The Reyes Family has a bike just like Nacho Libre, and luckily my companion is cultured enough to love Nacho Libre just like me! She´s Nacho and I´m Steven and we´re spreading the word one pedal at a time! NACHOOOOOOO!!!


Hermana Riedelbach and I shoved in the front seat of el Combi with all of our groceries, while our companions are shoved in the back with about 15 other of our fellow Mexicans...its a dream when its 105 degrees outside and your surrounded on every side by a human. The combis are so crazy too...I literally feel like I`m on Indiana Jones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment