Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My First Baptism!!!

¡Oh mi familia!

How are we all?? I hope you all had a good Easter! It`s weird...here they don`t really celebrate Easter. Well in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints they don`t. We didn`t even have a lesson on Christ yesterday which made me a little sad. But what made me the most sad was walking past a church that we live next to. They did the whole reinactment of Christ death. He carried his cross down the street and they raised him up on the cross while all the crowd was crying and screaming. It was really quite horrific...it was not something I want to see again. We celebrate Easter because Christ lives! I know that Christ lives and that through him we can live again also. Through him we can live this life with hope, hope for a better life, hope that we can better ourselves each and everyday, hope that we can conquer whatever mountain we are asked to climb because we have the strength of the Atonement. We are a happy people, because we have this knowledge! I know that my Redeemer lives, what joy this sentence gives!!! I hope you all had a good Easter and the Easter Bunny found you all :)

So as my title states...I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM THIS WEEK!! Whooooooooooo!!!! Oh wow it was the best thing ever!! We decorated the room with pictures of Christ everywhere and had pretty prelude music playing and made it so special for Jonathan...he is a special man indeed!! Throughout the whole baptism there was a spirit there that was so beautiful and by the end Jonathan was crying...and we all felt so good the rest of the day! I know that baptism is our first step to eternity...without baptism we are unable to progress. I know that Christ set the example for us as he was baptised and that the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the authority to do so! How blessed we are to be a part of the church!!

Adventure for the week. It all started last night at 3 in the stinkin´morning!! Me and Hna. Aguirre were sleeping peacefully and deeply as most missionaries do, when we woke up to the delightful screams of Hna. Riedelbach and Hna. Gonzalez. Me and Hna. A jumped out of beds, so confused as to what was going on. All Hna. R could spit out were wimpers. Yeah she had a huge cockroach crawling on here when she woke up and was freaking out. Here`s something you need to understand about the cockroaches here...they`re HUGE and impossible to kill. You can hit them a hundred times and they don`t die!!! It took us ONE HOUR to kill the dang thing!!! My heck I`ve never been so mad :) Also two nights ago...Steven returned right above me on the ceiling (we have a bunk bed and I`m lucky enough to sleep on top) and there was no way I was sleeping with him looking at me. So Hna. A had a genius plan to chase him all around the room with MY running shoe. My shoe was flying every which way for about an hour till she finally hit him...but only his tail fell off..and it kept wiggling around for like 10 minutes after it was detached from the body...it was SO SO SO SO gross. So great, it`s butt is bleeding and blood is spewing everywhere all over our floor...barf!! So Hna. A throws the shoe as hard as she can and finally kills the dang thing. Needless to say...we didn`t have a funeral for Steven...I`m done with that salamander. Oh man we have too many animals running wild and free in our house. Never again will I complain about our vermon. Yuck!

So there you go, my week was filled with spirit and also many deaths! I love my mission and I can`t imagine being anywhere else. Its hard to say but I`m grateful for cockroaches and salamanders! I`m grateful for all of you as well!! Have a great week and keep the faith! Love you all!! XOxoXoxO


Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment