Monday, September 15, 2014

I am Here to Baptize

¡Hola Familia!

¡¡Feliz 15 de Septiembre!! Today is the independence day of Mexico, so to make a long story short, we´ve seen lots of drunks, ha but none the less its fun to see everyone walking around in red and green. Today me and Hermana Moser were walking down the street, and it struck us how weird it is how much we have adapted to this culture and how we can understand now what these people are saying...soy mexicana!! Everyone eat a taco or something today for me :)

Well yesterday we had...THE BAPTISM OF CHIQUIS!!! He is the youngest son of Marino and Olga. He is such a sweet little boy. Normally we have our baptisms on Saturday, but Chiquis turned 8 on Sunday and he has been planning his baptism ever since he first met the missionaries in February. So his baptism was really special for him, because he got baptized on his birthday. As we pulled up in the Taxi to pick him up yesterday, he was waiting on the bottom of his mountain that he lives on in a suit...it was the cutest thing I´ve ever seen!!! And then seeing him in the water, with a huge smile on his face...I thought my heart was going to explode it was so happy!! So this last Sunday was such a great day, even though his baptism was at 7:30 in the morning, it was so worth it to see his excitement to finally become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He´s been waiting forever to take this step in his life. It was such a good day! Ah I wish you all could have seen him in the font...I will never forget that day!

I remember the first day in the mission, President Morales asked me what my purpose was here and I stated the usual..."invite others to come unto Christ...", but he looked at me really scarily like and said, "No, you´re here to baptize. Now go baptize!" Next a member of the Seventy came and promised us if we were exactly obedient we could have a baptism every week in this mission. We´re not quite up to one every week, but we have 2 or 3 others planned for this transfer. I am here to invite others to come unto Christ, which they cannot do without baptism. For this very reason we invite all to be baptized in the first lesson, and put a date no later than the second. At first, I was scared. What?? The first lesson. But I now know how important baptism is and after this baptism, I cannot deny the power of baptism.

In a Special Conference, President Morales shared a scripture to help us have faith to baptize every week. D&C 58:31:

Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?

With this in mind me and Hna Moser have gone out with the goal to BAPTIZE. Look out Emiliano Zapata!!! Remember this scripture in whatever you may be facing right now. We have the promise of eternal life, if we follow through with our promise. Keep going, even in the face of adversity.

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week. Remember that I love you all so much and your Savior loves you even more. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Hermana Pasley


No comments:

Post a Comment