Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Power of Love

Hi family,

Holy Cow! Another transfer come and gone. It was strange to say goodbye to my companion as she headed to go see her family...that seems like only a dream right now. We ended off the last week together on a good note, we didn´t have the baptism which we were hoping for, but we felt good about the transfer and I´m excited to see what comes of this transfer.

So...I´m staying in Zapata!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!! I was not ready to leave this place yet...I know I have so much work to do :) And my new companion is Hermana Moser. She´s been out about 10 months and she´s from Blackfoot Idaho. We get along really well...like scary well...from the first second we started talking. I knew we would be really good friends because the first thing she said to me was, "I hope you know today is the day that the Hogwarts Express leaves." When she said that I didn´t know if I should laugh or cry I was so darn happy to hear those words. I´m pretty sure we are going to be best friends. And I couldn´t stop laughing when she told me how on her third week in the mission she tried to tell her companion in broken spanish why Voldemort can´t love...oh she is the BEST!!! I´m stoked to see what this transfer brings, we´re both ready to work :)

This week I have felt a lot of love from so many people. I received very kind and encouraging words from the President one night, who called to tell me how much him and his family loved me and only said words of encouragement. I heard many kind and loving words from many members as we were unsure if I would have transfers. These people here give their love so freely, and it only makes you cry a little bit :) I received many loving letters from family and friends and my love has only grown for you all. And most importantly I have felt the love of my Savior and my Heavenly Father as I have struggled here and there. I feel a loving peace come over my heart each and every time I pray and only feel happiness when at times I know I would normally be stressed. This week has lifted my spirits in more way than one and I am so excited to be able to work one day more in the work of our Savior.

I want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives. It is him, and only him that we can become pure and possessors of light. It is through his Atonement that we can have pure joy and a fullness of blessings in this life and our life to come. I love Him with all of my heart, and pray everyday to be the very best servant I can be in His hands. I know this work is true and an inspired work and I am so grateful that I chose to come on a mission. It has blessed my life in more ways than one. I love my life!!!

I love you all a lot and I pray for you each and everyday. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Hermana Pasley


Photo: Our last week we got caught in a wicked rainstorm! My companion got a little embarrassed when I started singing singing in the rain and dancing in the street, but I had a good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment