Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Real Teacher

Hi Family!!!

How are you all doing?? I hope you are all doing so well and know how much I absolutely love you all! This week, I have felt so much love and gratitude for my family...I don´t know why...but I love all you so much and I don´t think I could have been blessed with a greater family. Thank you so much for your love and support you have shown me throughout this whole mission. The love helps :)

So I LOVE my new area. The members here are seriously the strongest members ever and so willing to drop everything and help the missionaries. And its not too bad being in the ward with the assistants. They´re awesome!! We have only one progressing investigator who will be baptized this week on Friday, so we have been searching like crazy for new people this week. And we had a pretty cool experience this week. We have received a model way to teach the members in our ward to ask for references. It starts with teaching them the story of Joseph Smith and we end with praying together for references. One of the members we did this model with put her nonmember husband down as a reference and prayed for him...as he was sitting right in front of her. This had never happened before...I was kind of scared, but I knew it was an inspired reference because the spirit was so strong in that room! As we kneeled down together and prayed to know if her references were ready to accept the missionaries, she couldn´t even get her husbands name out. The spirit confirmed to each and every one of us that he is prepared to listen. So after the prayer, I invited her husband to be baptized and HE ACCEPTED!!! Her atheist husband has FINALLY accepted to listen and is progressing SO well!! This is how powerful the spirit is. It is such a blessing in this work I know that it is the real teacher! He is going to baptized with his daughter on her 8th birthday! I am so excited!!! Even though I´ve been a little discouraged with this area because there aren´t many people to teach, that made up for it all!!

I know that we are in the only true church upon the earth. I know it because the spirit had testified to me that it is true and I cannot deny it. I love this gospel with all of my heart and know that I would be nothing without it!

I love you all and give Kate a HUGE hug for me!! How could she already be home! Help her not get married either until I get home :) AH tell Kate I love her so much!!! ahhhhhhh!!!! Okay, have a good week! Stay strong and keep the faith!

With so much love,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment