Monday, December 15, 2014

A Prophecy Fulfilled

Family!!!

Man, I just never seem to have enough time to write...today was crazy. We went to the market down town today and it was a zoo and it took FOREVER to get back...so sorry this is so short!

Here in Mexico we are definately feeling the Christmas spirit, even though it is a balmy 70-75 degrees everyday! And I´ve never seen so many virgens hanging up...yeah we´re just not going to talk about the huge birthday celebrations they´ve been having for her this week. They can´t just steal Christmas...ha but I respect them and love them don´t even worry, I´m a missionary :)

This last Sunday they asked me and my companion to speak about Christmas. As I was thinking about what to say Sunday morning, I thought of the counsel our Prophet has given us this month to Discover Christ, accept Christ, and to share Christ. And the famous scripture in Isaiah 9:6 came to mind:

 For unto us child is bornunto us son is given: and thegovernment shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall becalled Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty GodThe everlastingFather, The Prince of Peace.

As I read this scripture, I picked it apart into each name that is given to him and told examples of how this prophecy had come true, some stories are in the Bible, others in the BOM, and others in my own life. As I studied each name out in my mind, I discovered a little more about Christ, I feel SO much more love for him. I want to invite all of you to do the same. Find examples of why is the son, wonderful, the prince of peace, etc. I promise you will find he has so much more meaning in your life!! I felt like my talk went really well and I got a lot compliments after, so I felt good about it!!

We have a lot of Christmas parties this week, so I´m excited to start this week!! I´m glad everyone had a good week and I hope this letter finds all doing well!! Give my love to the Johnson Family, they are in my prayers!!

Also I can´t believe that Brenton is coming home...What?? Tell him I´m so proud of him and wish him a happy birthday for me!! So CRAZY!!

I´ll let you know the skype schedule next week. I still don´t know when I will skype, but it should be some time in the morning!! I love you all and pray for you each and every night!! stay strong and keep the faith!!

Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment