Tuesday, December 23, 2014

So Much More Than a Babe Lying in a Manger

¡Hola Familia!

¡FELIZ NAVIDAD! Can you believe its already Christmas time and I hit a week this last week...scary! Well I´m super excited for it to be Christmas and that I have the chance to spend it with the wonderful people of Mexico!! Trust me, they go ALL out with the decorations and they all sing...I´m afraid I´m going to go have seizures walking past the houses, but none the less it is beautiful and everyone puts nativities up, so I love it!!

Its definitely not a white Christmas like it was in Provo, but I´ve been enjoying the warm weather and enjoying flowers that are starting to bloom everywhere! I really am in such a beautiful place!! And I´m loving this Christmas season here, I don´t think I really have felt as GOOD on the mission than I have this month of December, it really is such a special time of the year!

So this month our President asked us to follow the prophets counsel and discover Christ and who he is for us. So to help us discover him, he asked us to read the 4 gospels. I´m just about done with John, and it has been one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. I have come to know my Savior, but I have felt it on a personal level. As I read each story of him healing, forgiving, and sacrificing, I couldn´t help but put myself in each of their spots and there were times where it really seemed to me that Christ was right there sitting next to me. It has strengthened my love for my Savior so much. He has become so much more than a babe lying in a manger to me. 

Everyday I become more and more grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I get to be a servant of the Lord, and I get to share the happiness and all things beautiful I have had in my life with everyone I come in contact with! I hope you all can experience this love this week, and can come to know your Savior a little bit more. I hope you know he is the light and life of this world. Once we discover him, we receive more light and it keeps growing, its AMAZING. He is Wonderful.

I love you all so much and hope you have Merry Christmas and enjoy the love that is in the air this season. Eat lots of food. Drink lots of hot chocolate. And enjoy each others company.

¡Nos vemos en Jueves por skype!

With all the love I can send,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment