Monday, January 26, 2015

Power



Hello Family!!

How are you all doing?? All is well in Villahermosa and looking up! The clouds are back but they aint rainin on my parade!


So this week has been rather uneventful. We had lots of really good lessons and a few new investigators which is good, we´re seeing baptisms for the month of February!! Woohoo! But we did have one lesson, that stood out to me more than others. We have a new investigator named Mari. She is 22 with a 9 month old baby and is home alone all day. We met her and she accepted us to come and visit her. But as I got there I realized that she was just wanting to be friends and have someone to gossip with. Which is good that she trusts us and sees us as friends but we´re here to do so much more than munch on cookies and drink Pozol (a nasty tabasco drink...if anyone offers you some say NO! I´d rather eat bugs than drink Pozol. Say no to Pozol kids). So as we went to her house I asked her why she let us in, what she was expecting out of our visits and she said she needs friends. But after that I honestly can´t tell you what I said, it was completely and 100% by the spirit. I don´t think I have ever been so guided in my teaching. But questions started spilling out of my mouth and we were able to find her needs and her fears and teach her the doctrine to ease the pain she was feeling. It really was an amazing experience and I was able to feel the power of my calling. The other day I read D&C 31 and reflected on times I had felt the power of my calling and it was an awesome experience to look back on the experiences I´ve had and at times it really isn´t Hermana Pasley walking the streets of Villahermosa and in that moment I wanted to stay there forever and never leave my mission. I am so grateful I am here.
 

I know this church is true and I know this is where I need to be.
 

I love you all and pray for you everyday! Stay strong and keep the faith!
 

Hermana Pasley
 

foto: me and hermana zuñiga

No comments:

Post a Comment