Friday, January 2, 2015

No Time Like the Present

Hi Family!!

It was so good to see all of your smiling faces this last week and Kate´s too!! That made my day...if you couldn´t tell by my tears!! I was so happy to be able to talk to you, it seems sometimes like a dream or that I just watched you guys be my family in a movie, so it was good to be able to actually talk to you guys!! But before I say anything...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BENNY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! I hope you have an awesome birthday, I can´t believe you are going to be turning 12!!! Wow!! You´re going to have the priesthood...you´re gonna be a pretty righteous dude!! You´re a stud!! I was Reading a talk the other day about the sacrament and she said that when a cute Little deacon stretches his hand out to give you the sacrament, they are just like Christ reaching his hands out to us, inviting us to repent and us the atonement in our lives. Pretty cool right? Ben, you´re going to be helping so many people! Think of what a priviledge it is for you to pass the sacrament. I´´m so excited for you!! You´ve always had a special sweet spirit...I just love ya Benny boo boo boo boo boo!! And Joe, Felicidades for your baptism, you are just starting on your journey and opening the doors to a Brand new life. You get to start again squeaky clean...lucky! I´m so proud of you  boys!! Know I´ll be there in spirit!! I love you!!

So this last Friday we had Carlos´baptism!!! It was SO good! His wife gave the coolest talk where she talked about the 5 steps of the góspel and put them out in front like stepping stones and had her husband and daughter take those steps together until they reached the temple and later eternal life. It was a really powerful talk to see them holding hands take the giant steps together. The service went flawless and the family left so happy! It was such a good baptism and I am so grateful that I had the chance to teach Carlos! I LOVE THE MISSION!!

So this next week is New Years!! I have been thinking lots of about this new year. Half of it I´ll be on my mission and the other half will be starting "real" life again...scary, don´treally want to think about that at all for now. But as a missionary I have realized there is a difference between "good" goals and "God´s" goals. I have so many things I would really like to do, so many things I could do better at, but I´ve had to stop myself and think of what it is that God wants from me, what he thinks I need to be better at this year. So I have thought long and hard and have come up with a few, that I hope will lead me to success this year. In Mexico they have a tradition where they set 12 goals, one for each month, then eat 12 grapes atmidnight and it supposedly will make it so you can complete each one of these goals. So I have set monthly goals and I am excited to see what will come out of this year. There is no time like the present!

Its this hope that keeps us looking forward. Sometimes we want to look back and dwell on the past, but if we dwell and wish to go back in time, I don´t think we really understand the atonement. The atonement is what helps us move forward its what changes us and makes us better. Each year can be better...so much better if we will just trust in the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us. That is one of my main goals for this year is to trust, not doubt but trust! And I´m excited to change, I´m coming to find that change is a good thing!

I hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Have fun! Send me lots of pictures of the boys, I want to see your perfect Little faces! I´m so proud of you two, I love you so much!! Have a good week and enjoy the holidays and cool weather! Love you lots! Stay strong and keep the faith!

Hermana Pasley


No comments:

Post a Comment