Monday, March 2, 2015

If the Savior Stood Beside Me



Dear Fam Bam,

How (that's Indian for hi)! How are we all doing? I hope you have all had a wonderful week even if it still is cold there. Just don´t take it for granted okay? We´re sweating bullets down here! The sun is strong as ever here in the little town of Villahermosa!

So this last week we had divisions and I got to see my good friend Hermana Moser this week and that made me real happy, so I enjoyed divisions. It was funny, when I met back with my companion she told me she felt like I didn´t even leave because me and Hermana Moser are practically the same person, even in our teaching. Man I love Hermana Moser! So we had a good week!

So fast Sundays are always special, even more in the mission. But this last Sunday was a pretty powerful fast Sunday. All day, I felt so...alive with the spirit. It seemed to be with me the whole day, and I was able to enjoy it through out the day and nothing seemed to bring me down! I was walking on cloud nine all day! And my testimony of my Savior became so much stronger yesterday.

So we have this investigator named Dany who came looking for US. she actually contacted us in front of the huge catholic church ironically enough and we have been teaching her these past few weeks. She is in the middle of splitting up with her husband and is in a rough patch right now and really needs the gospel. And right now she is finding her peace in a cigarette. So we taught her about the atonement yesterday and in that lesson I don´t think I have ever felt the spirit so strong. I knew in that moment that the Savior was with me, helping her overcome the hate and hurtful feelings that her husband has caused her. He was literally right beside me! literally saw her change her heart right in front of my eyes. It was such a special moment for me and of course I was balling my eyes out with her, but we left the lesson with so much peace. I KNOW that my Savior lives and that he is working side by side with each and everyone of his missionaries because this is truly his work! I know that the promise is real, that as we partake of the Sacrament and renew our baptismal covenants we can have his spirit to be with us and he will lead and guide us and give us the strength that we need to be able to face each day with confidence and a positive attitude!

I want to testify that I know that our Savior lives and that his spirit really does dwell inside each and everyone of us. So I invite you all to look for his spirit a little bit more this week. Try a little bit harder to hear his voice, because he is there!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Stay strong and keep the faith my friends!

con muchísimo amor,

Hermana Pasley

everything is huge here!

No comments:

Post a Comment