Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Forget Yourself...and GET TO WORK!

Dearest Family!

Another transfer come and gone and now we´re headed into overtime! Its crazy to think that I am heading into my last transfer! I still don´t really feel like its all coming to an end, which is good because I still have so much more to do here! Ahhh, so much to do and so little time! It is crazy!

I am sorry that I don´t have much time to write, but I want you all to know that I am well and will be staying in Mina with Hermana Calva and yesterday we got a new companion yesterday who will be filling in my place since I will only be here for half the transfer. Her name is Sister Tellez and she is from Mexico City. She has 5 months in the mission and just came from my area in Zapata, so that was fun to hear how everyone is doing there!

This last week I have prayed and prayed so that I can finish out my mission strong, I don´t want to become unfocused and have my extra time be wasted time and as I have pondered and pondered, I figured out that all I need to do is forget myself. I need to swallow my pride, every day dream of swimming in an ice cold pool, and everything that I would rather be doing, and focus on what others need. As we put others needs first, our problems and our tendency to think of only ourselves, seems to fade away and we become focused on what the Lord would have us do. It helps us open our eyes and see how much there is to do. This last week I saw this Mormon Message and I think it will wrap everything up nicely!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-05-003-lift?category=mormon-messages-2015&lang=eng

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Stay strong and keep the faith!

Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment