Tuesday, June 2, 2015

4 Days



Hola dear family,

How are you all?? I hope you have all had good week and are enjoying the heat! Its actually cooled off a little bit this last week, so that was a nice break! This last week was fun, and my companion made my birthday special! She bought me my first piƱata!! It was a minion, I wanted Harry Potter, but hes not quite as popular here! So we settled for a minion and had a mini party in the house that night. We celebrated by working and working and working all day! But on Saturday one of the members invited us over for cake and we had a fun little get together...even though they shoved my face in the cake! Mexicans are party animals I tell ya!

This last week we had a really special experience this last week! So the week before we had 3 dates and every single one fell through! What? We were a little bit more than discouraged! We were sure we were going to meet our goal for the month, and out of no where our investigators dropped off of the face of the earth! But one Monday a very wise man *ugh Dad* shared a story that comes from the bible which was my theme for the week. He shared the story of when Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead. How He waited until 4 days after he had died to make the miracle happen. Sometimes, like Mary and Martha, Christ pushes us to test our faith even when it seems beyond our limits. He knows that our faith is more important than our pain, and it is experiences that help us feel the love of the Savior more fully in our lives, it helps us grow. So leaving the computer lab on Monday I had four days in my head. I just have to trust in the Lord and pass through my four days with faith. I obviously didn´t know how long my four days would last, but I left motivated to work! I shared the thought with my companion and everyday we prayed for the strength to support our four days. So we worked, we fasted, and we prayed like never before, praying for a miracle.

So the week went on and we kept working. Four days later, we left to visit the cutest old man named Fabian that we´d been teaching for only a week. As we got to the lesson he had the biggest grin on his face, looked us in the eyes and said, "Hermanitas, I read the chapter you left me in the Book of Mormon, and the pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation, and I know that this is the plan that God has for me. I have received my answer and I want to be baptized." Did I hear him right?? He received an answer?? Me and my companion both looked at each other and almost cried. Our four days had passed (literally) and Christ brought forth his miracle. Fabian will be baptized this Saturday. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission and I know that we saw a miracle. And the faith and trust I gained in those four days is so special and sacred to me. I know that when we do all that we can do, Christ works miracles in our lives. He helped me grow, and Fabian as well.

I know that I am doing the Lord´s work. I know that this is his church. And I know that he loves each and every one of us. Trust in him and endure your four days, for the miracle will come.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, I felt your love! I hope you all have a good week and know how much I love you and how much more your Savior loves you.

with love,
Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment