Monday, June 29, 2015

He is Here



Hello Family!

How are we all doing? It sounds like it is getting really hot up there as well!! The good thing about the heat here is that your clothes dry in like 2 seconds. So it makes doing laundry really fast and easy! But it is really hot!!!

But before I say anything else. CONGRATULATIONS SISTER HANNAH PASLEY!!! THE CALIFORNIA REDLANDS MISSION IS SO LUCKY TO BE GETTING YOU! I am so happy for your decision to serve the Lord. It will change your life and the lives of many others! You will grow so much!! I love you so much Hanny!!

So speaking of missions. As you know, my mission is coming to an end, I don`t have to much longer. And as I`m sure every missionary feels, you wonder if you have done everything, if the Lord is pleased with what you have done. That question has been on my mind for the last few weeks and I have been praying for an answer, the Lord could help me know what I must do in order for me to leave as a successful missionary. And boy did he answer my prayer!

This last week an area seventy came and did a tour of our mission. Elder Torrìs and his wife. And let me tell you, it was the BEST conference I have ever had. He talked for 3 hours straight, but I felt like it was only 30 minutes! I felt the spirit so strong that day, and it gave me so much more energy and desires to finish out strong!

But there is one experience in particular I would really like to share. Wrapping up the conference he turned the time over for questions. As the missionaries began to ask questions, he changed his mind and gave us a promise. He told each of to hold the Book of Mormon in our hand, say a pray asking our question, raise the BOM above our heads and open it, and there we would receive our answer. But he not only promised us, he promised us in the name of Jesus Christ. When he gave us the promise, you could literally fell that it was not him speaking, but that he was speaking the words of Christ. So we took the promise in stride and began to pray. And I received my answer! My long, soul searching question, that had been on my mind for weeks! As I finished my prayer, I knew before I even opened the scriptures that I would receive an answer. But I opened to D&C 126 and it reads:

1  Dear and well-beloved brother, Brigham Young, verily thus saith the Lord unto you: My servant Brigham, it is no more required at your hand to leave your family as in times past, for your offering is acceptable to me.
2  I have seen your labor and toil in journeyings for my name.
3  I therefore command you to send my word abroad, and take especial care of your family from this time, henceforth and forever. Amen.


As I read that section, I began to cry and to cry and cry. And as I looked up, I saw that every missionary (about 75 missionaries) in that room was crying. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US received an answer that day. Jesus Christ literally spoke to each and every one of us personally. It was an experience that I will never ever forget. It was one of the most powerful witnesses that I have received that the Lordanswers prayers. That he knows each of us personally and he knows our needs and our fears. He continues to speak to men, he is here!

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that this is the true church. I know that the priesthood has been restored and that his servents in this last dispensation are truly HIS servents.

I love you all so much and cannot wait to see you! Pray for me lots so that I can finish the mission out strong! Love you all more than you know!

Hermana Pasley

No comments:

Post a Comment